The Directorate of Welfare of Disabled and Senior Citizens, Department of Women and Child Development, Government of Karnataka has authorised Dignity Foundation, Bengaluru Chapter to issue “Government ID Cards” to senior citizens of Bengaluru.
Those who are 60+ can apply for ID cards producing simple documents like photocopies of age, address and medical certificate of blood group, with originals for verification, two recent passport size photographs to be enclosed, with a processing fee of Rs 25.
The ID cards will be issued within a fortnight of submitting application.
The benefits of having an ID Card are
- 50% discount on Indian Airlines, Sahara and Jet Airways’ basic fare.
- 30% and 50% discount for male and female respectively on Indian Railways tickets.
- 25% off on BMTC and KSRTC passes and tickets.
- Higher income tax exemption limits.
- Concessions at several hospitals.
- Higher interest rates and reverse-mortgages with banks.
- Bank at your doorstep with the Postal Department’s Savings Account.
- Many other benefits from governmental departments and private enterprises.
Forms are available at
|Address||Dignity Foundation – Bengaluru Chapter 383, 33rd Cross, 17th Main Jayanagar 4th T Block (Opp: BES College Ladies Hostel) Bengaluru – 560 041|
|Phone||91-80-4151 1307 (Helpline), 4166 1122 (Desk) 4219 8395 and 4219 8396|
Dignity East Coffee Chavadi Bangalore.
|Address||Dignity East Coffee Chavadi Bangalore Tamil sangam Annaswamy Mudaliar Road Ulsoor Lake, Bengaluru|
Dignity West Coffee Chavadi
|Address||Dignity West Coffee Chavadi Pramilabai Corporation School Vijayanagar Tolgate Pipe line Bengaluru|
Dignity North Coffee Chavadi
|Address||Dignity Coffee Chavadi – North Centre, Shanti Kuteer Apartments, First Cross, Bhuvaneshwari Nagar, Hebbal-Dasarahalli, Near Canara Bank, Bengaluru|
Dignity Vidyaranyapura Coffee Chavadi Nice Premises
|Address||Dignity Vidyaranyapura Coffee Chavadi Nice Premises, 45, 2nd Cross NTI Layout, Vidyaranyapura Bengaluru|