Marriage Certificate


Marriages to be solemnized under special marriage Act. 1954

1. How to apply : Applicant has to apply in the prescribed form. The age limit for Bridegroom 21 years and Bride is 18 years

2. What Document to attach : 

  • Bride and Bridegroom age proof ( Leaving Certificate or Passport or birth Certificate or Domicile Certificate or SSC Board Certificate)
  • ride & Bridegroom residential proof ( Ration Card or Passport or Election card or Light bill and Telephone bill of own name)
  • Photograph of both Bride and Bridegroom
  • All above document along with original +1 attested Xerox copy
  • In case of Divorcees : Divorce Decree Certificate must be produced
  • In case of widow and widower : Municipal Death Certificate of concerned person must be produced

Under Section 16 of Special Marriage Act 1954.

  • Application to be made in the prescribed form duly signed by Husband & Wife
  • Marriage should have taken any place in the India and both should be living together in Marriage Officer Jurisdiction
  • Under U/s 16 of Special Marriage, Application should be given in 30 days advance.
  • Residential proof of both should be attached with application

Marriage Memorandum Under Maharashtra Regulation Marriage Bureaus and Registration of Marriages 1998

1. Applicant has to submit the memorandum of marriage forms ( which are supplied in the office of Marriage officer Mumbai.) affixed with Rs. 100 court fee stamp

2. Document to be attached :

  • Bride & Bridegroom Age proof: Leaving Certificate OR Passport OR Birth Certificate R Domicile Certificate OR PAN Card
  • Bride & Bridegroom Residential Proof : Ration Card OR Passport OR Election Card OR Light Bill and Telephone Bill of own name.
  • Three (3)Witness Proof :- Ration Card OR Passport OR Election Card OR Driving Licence OR Govt. Identity Card.
  • Wedding Card
  • In case of non availability of Wedding card Rs 100=00 Stamp Paper Affidavit of both husband wife and three witnesses is required
  • Rs. 100/- Court Fee Stamp
  • Photographs of both Bridegroom / Bride


  • All above documents should be submitted along with Original + 1 Attested Zerox copy. The parties (Bride & groom) and Three witnesses to the marriage shall appear in person before the Registrar and sign and memorandum under section 6(B) of Maharashtra Marriage Act, 1998
  • In case of Divorcees, Divorce Decree Certificate Must be produced
  • In case of widow and widower Death Certificate of concerti person must produce.

ಇಲ್ಲಿ ನಿಮ್ಮ ಅಭಿಪ್ರಾಯ ‌ಬರೆಯಿರಿ

1 × five =

Previous articleRTI
Next articleBhoomi